At PTC we are a trusted contractor to schools across the South. Working with schools, from the refurbishment or construction of temporary classrooms to the building of brand new facilities, requires careful planning and expertise.
We work in live environments, when students are at school, which means health & safety is of the upmost importance. But we also work intensively through school holidays to minimise disruption.
Our work with schools extends across a variety of our divisions. For example, we cover:
- Civil Engineering solutions for school buildings, playgrounds and car parks
- School Facilities Management including repairs and maintenance
- Landscaping services for school grounds and playgrounds
- Interior Design of classrooms and school buildings
- Single storey extension to improve the existing staff room facilities
- Alterations and refurbishment to the existing staff room, dining room and canteen – ‘grab & go’ area
- Installation of the associated drainage and external surfacing works
- Fit out and decoration of all areas
- General enhancements to entrance of school including walls and footpaths
- Improvements to layout of car park and roadways including re-surfacing
- New entrance gates and fencing
- Planting trees and shrubs; grass seeding, turfing & landscaping
- Street furniture, signage & pedestrian guard rails
- Soakaways, petrol interceptors, drainage, gullies, manholes & chambers
Alteration, repairs and refurbishment to the Grade 2 listed sixth form building at Portsmouth High School including scaffolding access, external redecorating. Water tank removal, roof/gully repairs, internal redecoration and fit out to sixth form common room including associated mechanical and electrical alterations.
Other works included:
- Timber Care window repair system
- Lime mortar plastering
- Suspended ceiling
- Fire sealing and all other works to bring the building up to current fire regulation compliance for Grade 2 listing
- New kitchen installation including appliances and granite work surfaces