We help the hospitals maintain full operations and work closely with the hospital to ensure smooth transitions for new construction projects we are undertaking. We have continued to deliver healthcare construction that serves the needs of our clients and their patients.
We have undertaken civil contracts at Southampton General Hospital, the Royal South Hants Hospital and community hospitals such as Moorgreen and Ashurst as well as work carried out previously for Frimley NHS Trust.
At PTC we are a trusted contractor to schools across the South. Working with schools, from the refurbishment or construction of temporary classrooms to the building of brand new facilities, requires careful planning and expertise.
We work in live environments, when students are at school, which means health & safety is of the upmost importance. But we also work intensively through school holidays to minimise disruption.
Our work with schools extends across a variety of our divisions. For example, we cover:
- Civil Engineering solutions for school buildings, playgrounds and car parks
- School Facilities Management including repairs and maintenance
- Landscaping services for school grounds and playgrounds
- Interior Design of classrooms and school buildings
Hard and Soft landscaping to external areas of the new Cardiac North Wing:-
- Demolition of sheet piled retaining wall & construction of timber Permacrib retaining wall
- Installation of required drainage and ducting
- Construction of footpaths and granite features for planters and artwork
- Installation of lighting for footpaths, artwork and trees
- Planting of area with shrubs and trees
- Site clearance – vegetation, existing street furniture & services
- Installation of drainage, soakaways & storm water storage
- Levelling and formation of 5,000m² tarmacadam car park
- Installation of services ducting
- Street furniture – barriers, chain link fencing
- White lining
- Single storey extension to improve the existing staff room facilities
- Alterations and refurbishment to the existing staff room, dining room and canteen – ‘grab & go’ area
- Installation of the associated drainage and external surfacing works
- Fit out and decoration of all areas
- General enhancements to entrance of school including walls and footpaths
- Improvements to layout of car park and roadways including re-surfacing
- New entrance gates and fencing
- Planting trees and shrubs; grass seeding, turfing & landscaping
- Street furniture, signage & pedestrian guard rails
- Soakaways, petrol interceptors, drainage, gullies, manholes & chambers
Alteration, repairs and refurbishment to the Grade 2 listed sixth form building at Portsmouth High School including scaffolding access, external redecorating. Water tank removal, roof/gully repairs, internal redecoration and fit out to sixth form common room including associated mechanical and electrical alterations.
Other works included:
- Timber Care window repair system
- Lime mortar plastering
- Suspended ceiling
- Fire sealing and all other works to bring the building up to current fire regulation compliance for Grade 2 listing
- New kitchen installation including appliances and granite work surfaces
New 6300m2 building including catering, common areas, seminar space, computer room and a large lecture theatre. Infrastructure works to Broadlands, North Gower and East Upper Nuffield Car Parks.
- Demolition of existing building
- Diversion of services – heating mains, LV and HV cables, water, gas and communication cables.
- Installation of new services
- Construction of car parks and access roads
- Two storey steel frame extension to extend the runway area in an existing gymnasium within a Sports College
- Majority of construction undertaken during term time
- Gym to remain available for the duration of the works
- Pre School Centre within new link building
- 2nd storey viewing gallery with lift & PCC staircase
- M & E installation throughout
- External works including DDA ramp