P T Contractors Ltd have worked in different aspects of heritage type construction work, however our multi-skilled workforce is equally commercial or industrial.
- Renovation and conversion of Type Two Star listed building from hotel into one two bedroom flat, two maisonettes and five one bedroom flats.
- Works involved total re-roofing including new insulation and removal of existing walls.
- The interior refurbishment included features such as horsehair plastering.
- The project was carried out to English Heritage requirements
- Installation of temporary support to existing cast iron bridge and temporary dam works
- Dismantling of bridge for refurbishment
- Piling for new bridge abutment & construct new reinforced concrete & brickwork abutment
- Reconstruction of refurbished cast iron bridge
- Resurface & repaint bridge, install new hand rails
- Remove temporary support and temporary dam works
- Installation of high level walkway along medieval battlements over the historic Castle Hall
- Works involved movement of bulk materials via passageways, and stairways and over stone walls
- Works completed to the satisfaction of Southampton City Council Archaeological Dept.
Renovation of Historic Ashlar Stone Sea Wall
Historic stone harbour, originally constructed in the late 1700’s to load munitions from the Royal Naval Armaments Depot, The Camber is a Grade II listed structure and was found in a very delicate state prior to commencement of the works.
- Survey for potential munitions
- Recovery of fallen stone blocks from sea bed
- Installation of steel sheet piles using ‘Silent Piling’ techniques
- Reinforced concrete foundation slabs and retaining walls as foundations for stonework
- Reconstruction of collapsed stone sea walls in Ashlar Stonework reusing recovered stone blocks
- Extensive timber structures were found behind the stone walls indicating earlier structures and evidence of earlier restoration